Sunday 3 December 2006

House ain't in da House!

Okay, I'm going to mention something here that is usually not discussed in polite societies... at least, not those that deal with viewing programs via methods other than as they are aired on TV. That's right, I'm talking about that system that starts with torren and ends with t.

I love the series House. Fantastic show and Hugh Laurie deserves all the accolades he can get (as do the other actors). So, of course, I want to see Season 3. The first nine episodes have screened, so I have some catching up to do...

The last three are not a problem. Easy to get for me, and so this leaves eps 1-6. I turn to the aforementioned torrential method, and start episode grabbing. Obviously, I'm going in order, but here's the first problem. Just because a link is 'healthy' doesn't mean that anyone is actually around for me to grab the file.

Still, I manage to get 1, 2, 4 and 6. 5 I get... 91% of. And there ain't no more. So, eventually, I get 5 from another link, and finally manage to get 3. Now everything is dandy. I can enjoy the first nine episodes...

Aha! That would be too easy. Firing up ep 1... it won't play. Not in Winamp, not in WMP, nothing. Crud. Ep 2 is the same way. Fortunately, the others are all right, but now I need to redownload the first two, and ep 1 is damnedly sparse out there. After much annoyance I reget 1 and 2. 2 is fine. 1 is another corrupt non-playing file!

Back to the sites, and trying to get another copy of ep 1. I have a data cap on my account (and I am considering switching...), and this is a quick way to smack into that. Not that I mind downloading the episodes (as I said, I really want this series) but I do mind re-downloading them, and then re-re-downloading them!

...now on download take 3...

Update: Third time worked!

3 comments:

Suzanne Lanoue said...

Hiya. Hey, at least it's not like the old days where you had to either way for reruns, or the DVD's, or try to find someone that has it on tape. Be grateful there is any way to watch it online at all! :)

I don't know why FOX doesn't get with the program the way most other networks have and make it so you can watch their shows online. They have The OC on a MySpace site but most of them they don't let you watch.

Cheers!

Jamas Enright said...

Ah, yes, the old "video tape and ship from the States" days. I remember those (they were only ten years ago!).

But you know today's society. If we can't get it in five minutes or less, we start complaining!

evil_taxidermied_sloth said...

Two (and a half really) words for you: Frasier, Seson 11

ARGHHH!!!

I feel your pain!!

T.