Tuesday 11 September 2007

Filmed in "nausea vision"

So, last night, I'm watching The Bourne Ultimatum, wondering why I'm feeling a little queasy. And then I realise, I'm seeing a rather shocking example of a trend that is starting to become common across movies (Transformers, I'm look at you also!).

A lot of technology was put towards creating cameras that could be stationary, even if the person holding it was moving around, but now we are seeing a deliberate turn to the opposite as directors, presumedly, want to go for something different: Unsteady Cam!

This isn't a "bold and daring move", something to keep the eye interested during all those talky shots: this is, plain and simple, DAMN ANNOYING!!!

Please, directors, leave off the "visually exciting" and just leave us with something "non-seasickeningly watchable".

[END]

No comments: