Wednesday 24 October 2007

Arma-didn't-geddon-it

To put it simply, although I clearly couldn't have known this before hand: if I hadn't gone, I wouldn't have missed that much. Yep, there were some great guests, and I got me a bunch of swag, but ultimately... it just wasn't that great an experience. Still have to consider going up next year if indeed they do get Adam West there, but obviously the next Arma is in Wellington early next year, about a month after the next convention (if memory serves).

But the worst part of it all: when you are in a flow of people, DO NOT stop and gander at things about you or to talk to your friends. Oh, the number of times I wanted to shout "get out of the way", but I'm too passive aggressive to do that...

[END]

2 comments:

Paul Scoones said...

My nephews (aged 7 and 9) would disagree with you there! This year was their first Armageddon and they were absolutely blown away by the experience. I didn't mind that there wasn't much at all that appealed to me (not being either a gamer or an Anime fan), and I didn't spend a cent other than the admission fee, it was just worth it to get a sense of experiencing the thing from their perspective.

Jamas Enright said...

Ay, 'tis not for us old folks nae-more. Best we step aside and let the young-uns through, Armageddon is a young persons game now...