Saturday 15 December 2007

I got mail!

Pity none of it's for me. In the past few days I have gotted:

Something for a woman who was the tenant before the tenant before me! And I've been here for a few years now! And this is by no means the first time.

The third of a group of items (about one a week) for someone who, it turns out, is the house next to me. From the Wellington Parking and Infringement Centre or something.

And a Christmas card for "Johnnie & Peter". Whoever they are. No return address or anything.

Usually I'm nice and "Return to Sender", but am getting really irritated and am at the point of just throwing these things out. It's not like the senders care, I send that Parking thing back as RtS twice and it still came!

I reckon people are just randomly giving out my address so they won't be bothered by mail from people they don't like.

(And this isn't counting the mail that is for another flat in my block of three, but ends up in my mailbox merely because I'm the first one...)

[END]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We still get mail for our previous previous tenants, even though we have been here for nearly four years! We also get mail for our neighbours (who now live next door) - they just haven't bothered changing their addresses on some of their mail. Doesn't really bother us too much as it's only five metres to their letter box.

Paul Scoones said...

We still get mail to the club PO Box address once in a while that's for the Dept of Conservation. Thing is, they stopped using that address approx. 15 years ago!

the other dave said...

two words:

"Occupant deceased"