Thursday 15 May 2008

Instant Heirloom

Yeah, I picked up this. One reason is that it is about half the price through Amazon than over here (and fortunately got charged before the dollar tanked). Even more amazingly, Amazon didn't charge extra for the package, despite the fact that this one item outweighed the rest of the package (which consisted of many large trade paperbacks and other books). The mail person brought it out on a chair, but I didn't have anything to help me carry it. Luckily, bus stops weren't far away...



Still, as items go... the complete set of Calvin and Hobbes comics in hardcover is quite a treasure. I haven't opened it yet, mainly because I have so much else to read, but that it going to take quite a while to read, and it's simpler for now to leave it untouched. (If I was confessing, I would say that I haven't really ever read the C&H comics, but I liked what bits I did come across.)

But yes, this is something that can be passed down through the generations, to be treasured, valued, and, hopefully and more importantly, read and enjoyed. Frankly, I should have picked this up a while ago.

[END]

No comments: