Sunday 14 September 2008

HOW MUCH for that doggie in the window?

As I've said before, I play YouPlay games. Heck, I've even become a premier member (and now can earn cash, although won nada yet). Good site, gets me thinking, great stuff.

As part of that site are PopCap games. These are fun games you can play online, and are incredibly addictive. Let me not understand just how much time I've lost trying to get that last Peggle level (and I eventually got all five difficult games), or trying to get just one level higher on Bejeweled 2, or... yeah, big time sinks. (Even Bookworm Adventures is fun, and Mystery PI is so very engaging...)

And now these games can be downloaded. Most likely these are fuller, more extensive games, with extra levels and shiny features (hopefully including the ability to save and thus not need to repeat the first part over and over again...).

I say "most likely" (based on the adverts) as I'm not sure I'm ever going to actually buy any. These (yes fun and addictive) games are available for download for NZ$30 each! Really? I don't buy games, but this seems rather disproportionately high.

That said, just looked at Gamesman and $30 is how much they are charging for their puzzle games (what there are) as well. This might well be the price, but it is rather exorbitant.

Oh well, here's hoping for a sale, as there are a few on their list I'd like.

[END]

No comments: