Saturday 29 August 2009

Just not trying

I get a large amount of spam in my email. This is the latest example.


Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 06:52:05 GMT
From: Jamie
Subject: {%SUBJECTS%}

IF you follow this link you may never look at online income the same way again.

{%REDIRECT%}

Less than a $3 investment has already lead Millions to becoming their OWN BOSS again.


Really? %SUBJECT% and %REDIRECT%? They couldn't even be bothered to make sure their bulk emailer worked enough to replace those with rubbish crap (which I would either filter or delete anyway)?

Or maybe this is some form of reverse psychology? "No one could be that dumb, maybe I will check this out! Hey, wow, that's so original, I think I'll try that link..." Well, should I make up a place myself? Or just go to a virus vault, grab something an infect my own computer? (Or just looking up Jessica Biel should do.)

Come on, people! Where's the social engineering? At least other spam promise me berries, watches, or the ability to impress women!

[END]

No comments: