Monday 30 November 2009

A tale of the sea!

Finally woke up to a clear blue sky last morning, so I took advantage of the weather to head out on the semi-open sea. By which I mean, I took a habour trip on the East by West ferry. Ah, the smell of the ocean sea... overwhelmed by the smell of the boat. The fresh sea water... sprayed into one's face... bliss...

Wellington certainly looks different out on the waves. For example, small and far away.


(More pics after the jump.)

Head around Oriental Bay...


Then out around Mount Crawford... [huh, no Wiki page]


Head into Seatoun...


(Avoid the open sea!)

(That's Seatoun on the right, and Pencarrow Head [known for its lighthouse] on the left.)

Then past Marako/Ward Island...


To Day's Bay... [next to Eastbourne]


Then over to Somes' Island / Matui...


(That's Mokopuna Island on the right.)


Pop over to Petone...


Then back to Wellington...


Hey, I can see my work from here! (It's in there, honest.)


[END]

No comments: