Tuesday 26 July 2011

Unlimited

The movie also known as Drugs are good, mm'kay. I saw this on the plane to Oz. At first, I wasn't sure I'd be able to finish it in time, but fortunately there's like an hour or so of credits, so I had time to spare.

And, basically, the line above summarises the film. Guy gets drugs. Drugs help him. He gets into trouble with people who want the drugs, the drugs help him with that. He has trouble dealing with the drugs, the drugs help with that. He decides to become a vampire, and the drugs work well there too.

Bradley Cooper carries the movie well, going through several different haircuts, and he so easily could play a great bad guy. Robert De Niro is in the film... to look good on the poster. Really. There really isn't much point having him there, he doesn't get to do much, but he gives the movie a lot of cred. The women in the movie... are really secondary, as it's all about Bradley and the drugs.

It's a decent enough movie, entertaining in a way that I'd even watch it even if I wasn't trapped on a plane. And, as I may have pointed out, it's slightly pro-drugs.

[END]

No comments: