Saturday 27 August 2011

A Bull and Cock Story

Since I saw The Trip, I needed to see Tristram Shandy - A Cock and Bull Story. So I did.

Um... I think this is a rare case where it the movie adaptation didn't work well for me. I say that, because I haven't read the book, and while the movie was trying to ape the book in mixing up reality and fiction and the like... I didn't really get it. I'm sure there's some great point the movie makes that is from the book, but I have no idea what that is. Even if it is "this is a load of bull", I don't think the movie made that point well either.

The plot is that Steve Coogan is Steve Coogan as Tristram (and Walter) Shandy, in the movie about Tristram life, with digressions into his birth, history of those around him, and into the behind the scenes of the movie itself... So, yeah, the plot was deliberately trying to be mixing it like the book, so I didn't really track the plot at all. Steve was good, Rob should have been in it more (so The Trip was better there), cameos by others were nice...

Not my movie, may appeal to others.

[END]

No comments: