Tuesday 27 September 2011

Lucky 7/11

I found out about the movie with the funny name due to LoadingReadyRun. Damn you!

So in this movie, Slevin is this guy that gets mistaken for some other guy, and gets kidnapped by two bad guys and told to kill someone/pay some money. And he gets hit in the stomach. A lot. Also in the nose, but more in the stomach. And there's this other guy who's playing a deep background game to turn all tables his way.

The problem is that this movie wants to be a comedy, but can't pull it off. And then the last half hour is too serious to pretend to be comedic any more. There's also lots of reveals and stuff, and I don't know if I've just reached my limit or something, but I just couldn't bring myself to be surprised by any of it. No, I didn't see it coming, but when it arrived it completely failed to overturn any expectations I had, and the movie was "yeah... there you go... how about that game, huh?" like it didn't really know what it was doing at that point either.

Yet, big names. Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley. It should have worked better, and Josh Hartnett is also a guy that's in it.

A lot of a fizzle to this movie, and one that can be missed outside of hearing the weird title.

[END]

No comments: