Monday 17 September 2012

DW: 7.3

What? No reference to this being a scape that is far? Nor going through a gate to the stars? Nothing? Probably just as well...

Okay, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Although I did think it was nearly over when Ben got killed. Instead they change the episode to one about being right or wrong about actions in war... and yet, no reference to what the Doctor did during the Time War? It might have been implicit, but some explicit mention would have worked too. (And couldn't the other doctor have simply set the explosion, then left? It's not like the Cyborg could scan for him.)

Ben plays Isaac straightforwardly (which is the polite way to say he's one note). The doctor guy (who I can't be bothered to look up) doesn't seem to get his one-note sorted out. And the gunslinger is hampered by all the prosthetics to tell what he's doing.

The best I can say about this is the script tried something. Can't say it succeeded, but it tried... One last question: did anyone not see the RoboCop ending coming?


Next Week: It looks decent! Dare we dream?

[END]

9 comments:

fantomas said...

And what's with the re-occurring thing with faulty lights.

Jamas Enright said...

Considering that the lights buzzed when the Doctor played with the cable, I'm guessing it's not installed to standard, and the surgeon isn't as good with electrics as he is with biology.

evildicemonkey said...

I did not see the robocop ending coming... I did however see the Twist coming from the get go.

Also, where was Amy's anger last week over sentencing someone to death?

Jamas Enright said...

Er, what Twist was that? Did I miss it?

And, what, you expect the script runner to oversee every script and maintain integrity, rather than just let people go at it?

evildicemonkey said...

Not really, it was barely a twist.

Just what the (alien) Doctor was (in relation to the Cyborg). I was wrong about the episode I pegged it to be though, I thought it was going to be a "evil doesn't always look bad, good doesn't always look fair" and that the Cholera epidemic mentioned was going to be him continuing on his experiments, with the (our) Doctor figuring things out as the episode progressed.

Jamas Enright said...

"[Nazi] War Criminal turned good, hunted by past" is a trope I've seen before, so...

fantomas said...

re reoccurring faulty lights - I meant in every ep this season so far.

Jamas Enright said...

I hadn't noticed the lights... and neither had anyone else on the NZDWFC board... hmm... subtle plot arc, or Pete over analysing? ;)

fantomas said...

I've also seen it mentioned in a couple of reviews of the third ep. So I'm not the only one to have noticed!

Does it mean one/both the Ponds is a flesh Dalek? Or was the occurances in the first ep when a flesh Daelk around a misdirection?