Wednesday 19 February 2014

Reign of Winter

After depositing our load of fish, we set off back through the Howlings section of the city to get to the forger. (The others decide to leave their weapons behind, so it's up to me to kill whatever we come across... no change there then...)

We encounter two winter wolves who are drunk and argumentative. Mage puts one to sleep, and I put the other one down (although still alive!). They slink off and leave us alone.

Reaching the forger, he doesn't open the door, and we start to attract the attention of two ice troll guards... but while Felgard fascinates them, I "open" the door, and we all haul ass inside. We meet Mortin, who agrees to provide us with fake identification in return for being pathetic. We spend the night, and then are labelled as members of the Jadwega (?) clan... or something... all I know is I can walk around with my weapons... which I already was doing...

Anyway, going into the city proper, we encounter more mirrormen... but they seem happy with our paperwork. I take off and pay money plus a magical longsword to get my axe magicked up. Then onto the main reason for being here... finding the witch that destroyed my tribe. (Yes, my backstory!) Only, what we find is that people have heard of the situation... but that it was a dragon... with melted pavestones, and people bitten in half... but I was told it was a witch! NOOOO!!!!! I spend the next few days drunk...

Finally, we get ourselves together and head off to the underground peoples that want to bring down the witches. After speaking with them and the old Iron Guard (that belonged to Baba Yaga before she got kicked out), we agree to kill a dragon in return for their help in getting to Baba Yaga's hut... okay, so that's a thing we will do...

[END]

No comments: