Thursday 12 June 2014

Live the Bottom 3

With Rik Mayall's passing, this is as good a time as any to look again at my Bottom. My collection that is, particularly of the movie. My favourite is number 3, Hooligan's Island. For me, this has the best range of (very crude) jokes, and some great corpsing. Check out the bit at 36 minutes for example.

Rik and Ade Edmonson have great chemistry together (which didn't come across as well in The Young Ones), and it's a shame we'll never see more from the pairing. At least there is a lot of material to enjoy, so if you'll excuse me, I feel like delving back into my Bottom...


[END]

3 comments:

evildicemonkey said...

Your bottom is inferior to my bottom because my bottom is the original bottom, the one that first toured around the country showing it off live to the mass who had been clamouring to see a bottom for ages.

F****ng hell! A line from the play!
is an awesome ad lib and goes to sow the comic genius of both of the stars.

Jamas Enright said...

There is an absolutely cracking great cracking in the first one, but overall I still prefer 3.

Jet Simian said...

That's some great archival footage, and some more long-unseen stuff has been unearthed on the tubes the last few days. Long may people never wipe their Bottoms.