Sunday 4 October 2015

The Beginner's Guide

This is a new computer game, from the creator of the Stanley Parable... and when you make a game like that, where do you go for The Beginner's Guide?

As with other people, I don't really want to talk about the game itself, because it's better to go in cold. Don't worry, it's quite gentle.

However, this has to be one of the closest I've seen in the "is it a game?" genre? There's definitely some walking around, and some light puzzle solving... but it's with a narrator, and it very easily could be a movie. I'm not seeing it being a different experience on a replay (although I have only placed it this once). Even Dear Esther or Stanley Parable could mix it up a bit, but this is going to get the same beats at the same time, so...

Unless this adds achievements, I can't see me replaying this, so as a one off thing, is it worth it? Let's just say, I'm glad I got it on the opening sale, and wouldn't be offended by anyone waiting for it to be even cheaper before picking it up.

[END]

No comments: