Wednesday 23 March 2016

Deerdevel Season 2.1.2

So far, I'm just over halfway through the season and... it feels like lots of little pieces.

Okay, and there will be spoilers for characters who appear, but otherwise fairly safe.

Daredevil is around beating up on the little guys when a large army enters the screen... a large army in the form of one man. And if you've been paying attention then, like me, you'll be trying to remember Frank Castle's name. But that's not all. Later on we also have Electra pop up, although she doesn't have as many daddy issues as a certain movie would make you think. Are then there's Bullseye... he didn't turn up (at least not that I noticed), but I was expecting him to. And then, halfway through, that person turns up...

Dear gods, do the writers actually have a plan for this season? It feels like lots of little stories they stuck together to get the 13 episodes. Last season we had this one figure behind everything. Fine, DD fought various mini bosses, but there was always that one presence. This time, it feels like they are throwing everything in to make the episodes pad out.

That is, when you can see it. Daredevil is blind, but we're not. Not that you would know it to look at it, because it is so frickin' dark on screen. DD is in a dark costume, fighting someone in dark clothes, on a dark street, at night, with no lights around... I think. Or maybe it's just a black screen and I'm experiencing a form of closed-eye hallucination.

The lighting does get a bit better as the episodes go on, let's hope the story does.

[END]

1 comment:

evildicemonkey said...

I have seen the series now too, and while I am still sorting out things to write I will say that I did not have the same lighting problems you had, I could see it clearly.