Monday 13 June 2016

A Haunting Hoose

Take some of the people behind Scary Movie, get them to do a take on Paranormal Activity, and you get this, one of the many knock off movies in this genre.

A guy's girlfriend moves in, and brings a demon with her. And he camera everything. With that set up, there are many fart jokes, drug jokes, swearing, sex jokes and violence. A lot of them. And by and large, come up with your own low brow humour, and this'll probably have it. And then they pretty much repeat the last shot, with one last joke.

I could tell what I was in for when I saw "Written by Marlon Wayans and Rick Alvarez", and yep that's pretty much what I got. There were a few moments were I was amused, but mostly I let it sweep over me. There's nothing here that's new, including the jokes as well as the story.

And yet... there is a sequel.

[END]

No comments: