Friday 22 July 2016

On Stranger Things (7-8)

That's it for the first season. At least, I presume there could be more, because why ever not have the potential to continue something and be forced to make something else new up?

It all comes together as the girl and the boys and the sheriff and the mother and the brother and the sister and all get together... and then split up. To be honest, the last episode kept reminding me of Silent Hill, and I'm not sure if that was an intentional influence or not. The sense that this is overpadded remains and a lot of time is taken up with not much happening. And certainly that ending is no surprise.

So, overall, it just doesn't feel that exciting. Various people have been giving the impression that this is a good series, but it's just not there for me. It could be how I watch as well (yes, at speed), but if it can't come across at that speed, I do have to question how well evocative it is (that's right, I'm never at fault).

As I've said, not terrible, but I'm not saying this is the latest best thing out of Netflix either.

[END]

No comments: