Thursday 29 September 2016

The Seven Magnificent Bastards

Before I see the remake, I guess I could check out the original (which was a Western remake of an earlier original...).

A Mexican village is in the way of an evil bandito, so they hire themselves some gunmen to help protect them. Seven of them, to be precise. The gunmen aren't exactly willing to put themselves out too much, but they do help the village, at some points whether they want help or not. And, of course, there's a big show down and can you guess who makes it out alive?

Oh, the actors whose names I recognise as big things, even if I haven't actually really seen them before: we have Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn and Robert Vaughn (who would later star in another remake of this film, with similar life success rate).

But now I'm wondering, based on the ads for the new movie, which is more racist? The white guys coming to save a Mexican village, or lots of races coming to save the white people?

[END]

1 comment:

evildicemonkey said...

Huzzah for Battle Beyond the Stars!